Pinstripe Worthy?

An inquiry into the complex nature of True Yankeehood from a Yankee fan and a non-Yankee fan. Calculating the True Yankeehood Score for past, present, and potential future Yankees since 2006!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

The most obnoxious ritual in all of sports






And I mean the absolute worst.

There are, of course, many annoying things one might encounter when attending or watching a sports contest.













And there are a lot of obnoxious people in New York who happen to be sports fans.















But there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING uglier than this.


















Now, I know that there are certainly better ones than that I could have found, in which the camera operator diligently pans from one of these overpaid mercenaries to the next, and focuses in as each one of them pretends to give a crap what a bunch of morons who can't even remember what their own names are by giving them a half-hearted and sheepish salute.





But this one, to me, is perfect (if you missed the link above, just click on A-rod's picture) - because you can actually hear the moron with his cameraphone, and the people around him, bumbling through the roll call, and congratulating themselves and one another during the process for demonstrating that they would able to stand in for a bunch of mindless sheep if there were a shortage down on the farm.

And speaking of the farm, is Kevin Maas ready yet? Bernie looks pretty slow out in right field.

Nothing worse, I tell you, nothing. Don't know how many True Yankeehood Points it gets (I'll leave that to you people to decide), but it gets -1000 class points for sure.

- Silk...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That video might have been more interesting for me if my computer speakers worked...

    sw

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger David S said…

    It may not have been very entertaining, but I'm sure it was far easier to tolerate for you than it was for most other people.

    ugh,

    - Silk...

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger David S said…

    That's a tough call.

    I think I'd watch Kendall first, but Theismann was brutal.

    "Miguel Cairo,"

    - Silk...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home